Monday, May 22, 2006

 

bridal favors: Bridal Shower Favor Ideas

I'm planning a bridal shower for my brothers fiancee, and my mother's
> on my case because I haven't thought of a "good" shower favor yet. The
> shower is in April. Their colors are purple and gold, wedding's in June.
> Their theme seems to be castles, as that's what is on their invitation, and
> their wedding favors are castle picture frames (so I can't do another frame
> for the shower).

> Any ideas? Not counting my own, I've been to 1 bridal shower, and for the
> life of me I can't think of what the favor was.



Once you decide the theme of your shower, things like
possible favors will clear up nicely. Keep in mind that most
people need more knick-knacks like they need a hole in the
head. If you can't think of something that won't just end
up clutter for the vast majority of people, just don't do
favors at all. They're not required, and people will thank
you. Consumables are usually a good idea, for that reason.

The key to any party planning is to have some kind
of theme. It doesn't have to be a theme like you'd have
at a kid's birthday party. It could revolve around a feel
or an impression you'd like to create. For instance, you
might do a tea, in which case a good favor might be
a sachet of a particularly nice tea blend in a
pretty little container. Perhaps you'd like to play
off a flower--say, African violets since she obviously
likes purple. In that case, you could use African violets
to decorate with and then send one home with each guest.
If you think about what she really likes, you
should be able to come up with *some* kernel of an idea,
and once you have that, it will help you choose everything
from food to decor to entertainment to favors.

From: Ericka Kammerer

Comments on "bridal favors: Bridal Shower Favor Ideas"

 

post a comment